Lenovo(Australia & New Zealand) Pty Ltd
This statement applies to Lenovo (Australia & New Zealand) Pty Ltd (“Lenovo”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
We are committed to always protecting and maintaining your privacy. This policy outlines how we will collect, store, use and disclose personal information you provide to us, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle personal information.
You can also deal with us anonymously or under an assumed name where it is lawful and practicable to do so.
We request that if you are under 18 years of age, you do not submit any personal information to us without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Note - we may provide links to third party applications, products, services or websites (including social media sites). We do not control those sites or their collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information. Please exercise care when choosing to give personal information to these external sites as this document does not apply to those entities. We do not endorse or make any representations about such sites and recommend you review relevant privacy policies before any use.
Note - Subject to any exceptions at law, we will not collect sensitive information about you without your consent, including:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions - Religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations
- Membership of a professional or trade association
- Membership of a trade union
- Details of health, disability, sexual orientation or criminal record
During any contact or engagement you have with us – for example, when viewing our website, processing an order, contacting customer care or applying for a job - we may require you to provide your personal information in order to progress with that contact or engagement – for example, in order to complete your order or to contact you about your job application.
We may combine your personal information with other information we obtain from other legitimate sources (including other Lenovo group companies and affiliates) to provide and improve our products and other services.
When may we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from you in connection with, but not limited to:
- Product/service orders
- Product registrations
- Profile creation
- Requests for information
- Marketing, newsletter or support subscriptions
- Participation in online surveys
- Job applications
- Event/service registrations
- Downloading a software update
- Visiting/browsing Lenovo Web sites worldwide
- Participating in promotions
- Your dealings with third parties who act on our behalf (such as warranty service providers)
- Via software (see below)
Software Privacy Statement
Lenovo’s software privacy statement describes how Lenovo collects, uses, and protects information about your Lenovo device through our software. This statement covers information that is collected and how it is subsequently stored and used. In order to view the full statement please click on the link provided below:
What kind of personal information may we collect and hold
We may collect and hold the following types of personal information provided by you:
- Mailing address
- Telephone/facsimile numbers
- Email address
- Contact preferences
- Financial information (e.g. credit/debit card details or other billing information)
- Government issued identification
- Personal financial details (e.g. salary)
- Personal unique information (e.g. user IDs and passwords)
- Educational and employment background
- Job interest data
- Geo location data (e.g. IP address)
Using personal information
We may use your personal information:
- To fulfill your requests by us or by others involved in fulfillment
- To contact you for customer satisfaction surveys, market research or in connection with certain transactions.
- Either by us, Lenovo group companies or other selected organisations for marketing purposes (e. g. Lenovo’s latest product announcements and upcoming events and offers) if you have permitted such use
- In an non-identifiable format for analysis
- To develop our business relationship if you represent a Lenovo Business Partner or Vendor
- To help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising
- To update you on important notices (e.g. changes to our terms, conditions and policies)
- For internal purposes (e.g. auditing, data research and market analytics)
- To process your entry into any promotion, offer or contest run by us
- To help prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activities
- To assist us in complying with regulatory and legal requirements (e.g. product recalls and safety issues)
- To help us resolve any complaints you submit to us you or have submitted to third parties who act on our behalf
Note - credit/debit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. It will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services,
unless you ask us to retain your credit card information for future purchases.
We retain personal information and other data only as required and permitted by relevant laws. We will not hold your personal information any longer than is necessary for these uses. Once we no longer need your personal information, we will either take steps to destroy or remove it at our option.
Who we may provide your personal information to (including overseas recipients)
We may disclose your personal information both within and outside Australia to:
- Other Lenovo group companies
- Our service providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisers
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisers
- Our professional advisers including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors
- Debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions or as otherwise required or authorised by law
- Courts of law, other tribunals or regulatory or government body responsible for resolving customer complaints or disputes
- Regulatory or government bodies to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies or to comply with our obligations under law
- Any other person or for any other purpose that would be reasonably expected.
In order to undertake one or more of the following actions above, it is likely that we may transfer your personal information to recipients overseas and you consent to such disclosure. The locations of these recipients may include:
- United States of America
- New Zealand
- China (inc. Hong Kong)
The security of your personal information is given a high priority. We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes physical, technical and administrative measures.
When collecting sensitive information (e.g. credit/debit card information) we will use additional security technologies to help protect your personal information from any unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We will help ensure confidential information (e.g. credit/debit card information) is protected through the use of encryption.
We ask that you keep any usernames, passwords or other identifying information secret and only share these details with people your authorise to access and manage your accounts held with us. We accept no responsibility for information disclosed to parties who know your username or password or login credentials.
Reporting a breach and complaint handling process
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please contact us via the details listed below.
We are committed to the provision of an effective, efficient and responsive privacy complaints handling regime across all of our activities and will ensure transparency and openness in the early resolution of privacy concerns and complaints.
Procedures for dealing with complaints with be in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as follows:
- A complaint may be made via telephone, email or in writing
- A complaint will be given to the ANZ privacy officer for investigation and review
- A written acknowledge will be sent to the individual as soon as possible (either by email or in writing)
- The ANZ privacy officer will assess your complaint and conduct any necessary investigations
- You will be updated following the outcomes of the any necessary investigations and advised as to the our determination and proposed follow up steps
- You may request further information or raise a concern with the complaint handling process at any time
- You may withdraw your complaint at any time
- Complaints will only be closed with your consent – which means you have to feel satisfied that the matter has been reasonably resolved before we will close it
When we collect information from you, you may tell us about: your preferred communication delivery method; and your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications; and whether you do not want it to be used for further marketing contact.
Cookies and other technologies
We sometimes collect non-identifiable information from visits to our Web sites to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit, and we also measure visitor activity on Lenovo Web sites, but we do so in ways that keep the information non-identifiable. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." Lenovo or others on Lenovo behalf may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service.
Also, when we collect personal data from you in a transaction, we may extract some information about that transaction in an non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level. If you do not want your transaction details used in this manner you can disable your cookies (see below).
Some Lenovo Web sites also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor those sites to provide better customer service. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across Lenovo Web sites. When a visitor accesses these pages, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our suppliers. These Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don't want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
If you turn off cookies - Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
Note - You may turn off/disable cookies in your browser (see here for further details - http://support.lenovo.com/en_AU/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT002958)
Contacting us (re. accessing information, queries, accuracy and amendments)
We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. However accuracy is largely dependent on what you provide us. We request you please contact us when your information changes as a result.
If you would like to:
- View and change the personal information you have provided to us
- Query Lenovo’s handling of your personal information
- Raise a question about this privacy pol icy
- Pbtain a copy of particular information you have provided to us
- Correct personal information that is incorrect
please feel free to either contact us via:
Privacy Officer - Lenovo (Australia & New Zealand) Pty
PO Box 5077
When contacting us, we request you please provide your name, email address, contact details and relevant comments/queries.
You can also contact us online via:
- Online Lenovo Australia support - http://support.lenovo.com/en_AU/#
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/LenovoANZ
- Blog - http://blog.lenovo.com/au/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/Lenovo_ANZ
Before Lenovo is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe.
We may not be able to grant you with access to your personal information to the extent that:
- We believe that giving you access may pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety
- We are required to deny you such assets due to an order under law or of a court or tribunal
- Providing you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- Your request is frivolous or vexatious
- The information you request relates to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding between yourself and us, and that information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- Giving access to that information would prejudice the activities of a law enforcement body
Lenovo (Australia & New Zealand) Pty Ltd
ABN 70 112 394 411
Level 4, 12 Help Street