POLICY, REPORTS & HIGHLIGHTS
A Message from Lenovo’s Chief Sustainability Executive
Click on the image below to hear Guan Wei, VP of Global Supply Chain and Chief Sustainability Executive, explain Lenovo’s approach to sustainability.
Lenovo is committed to ethical corporate citizenship and to promoting sustainability in all of its activities. We demonstrate these commitments through transparent and responsible management of our social, environmental, and economic values. These values respect and are informed by those of all of our stakeholders, including the communities with which we interact. Click here to view our Sustainability Policy.
As Lenovo becomes the leading device + cloud company, we continue to measure success not only by the innovative products and services we create, but also by the strides we make with our purpose-driven sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
Please see our latest Sustainability Report for more information.
Click to read Lenovo's FY 2017 Sustainability Report.
For the Chinese version, please click here.
EcoVadis aims at improving corporate environmental and social practice by leveraging the influence of global supply chains. It operates a collaborative platform enabling companies to monitor the sustainability performance of their suppliers by an independent third-party assessment. Lenovo has been participating in EcoVadis since 2012. In 2016 Lenovo rated 71/100 points, putting Lenovo in the highest EcoVadis category – CSR Gold. This placed Lenovo in the top 6% of suppliers assessed in the computer and peripheral equipment manufacturer category and in the top 2% of suppliers assessed by EcoVadis in all categories. Click here to see the complete rating.
- ISO 9001: All Lenovo global manufacturing facilities as well as suppliers have Quality Management Systems in place meeting standards established by ISO 9001. Lenovo strongly embraces the ISO 9001 commitment to an effective quality management system, and is dedicated to exceeding industry standards for product quality and reliability.
- ISO 14001: All Lenovo’s manufacturing and research & development sites are ISO 14001 certified through companies in their respective countries.
- OHSAS 18001: The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) organization is committed to ensure the implementation of an effective health and safety management system. All global manufacturing locations are OHSAS 18001 certified by Bureau Veritas, a leading independent certification body.
- China Energy Conservation Program (CECP): This program is a voluntary initiative/certification for saving energy and reducing emissions by motivating manufacturers to produce more energy-efficient products and supporting consumers in making more sustainable purchases. This certification, qualified by the China Quality Certification Centre (CQC), sets forth minimum allowable values of energy efficiency and energy grades for microcomputers. Lenovo has the largest number of PC products certified by CECP.
- China Environmental Labeling Product (CELP): This labeling program is a voluntary initiative assessing electronic products. It includes mandatory and optional environmental criteria such as reduction/elimination of environmentally sensitive materials, product longevity/ life extension, high energy efficiency/energy conservation, end-of-life management and other dimensions. This certification is qualified by the China Environmental Labeling Certification Centre (CEC). Lenovo has the largest number of PC products certified by CELP.
Selected from approximately 4,000 companies for the Corporate Knights 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World (Global 100) Index. Lenovo has been a member of this index three years running.
Selected for the 2017 Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Index. Lenovo was one of the three highest-scoring sustainability performers across the index series.
Is a constituent of the United Nations Global Compact 100 (GC 100), a global stock index that combines corporate sustainability and baseline financial performance. Lenovo is a signatory and member of the UN Global Compact and fully embraces its policies and principles.
Scored Leadership level with an A- on the 2016 CDP Climate Change questionnaire. CDP’s score aims to assess progress toward environmental stewardship through the lens of climate change mitigation and adaption. Lenovo's 2016 CDP disclosure report is publicly available on CDP’s website (use the search tool at the bottom of the page).
Rated as "Prime" by oekom research AG, an independent research institute specializing in corporate responsibility assessments. The oekom Corporate Rating is based on a comprehensive set of criteria for the ethical assessment of companies, which includes assessing social and environmental responsibility.
- Social Responsibility
- Think Green – Climate
- Think Green – Waste and Water
- Think Green Products - Energy
- Think Green Products - Materials
- Think Green Products - Packaging
- Think Green Products - Recycling
- Global Supply Chain
- Social Investments
- Sustainability Policy
- Social Responsibility resources