Lenovo Client Virtualization RAs
Today’s IT staff are faced with ever-rising costs, increased complexity of maintaining remote client devices, a growing need to avoid security problems, and the need for flexibility and global availability of compute resources. Mobile workers require access to files, applications and other corporate resources from a variety of user devices, and they rely on IT to manage those resources and ensure data security. Remote and branch offices also need to know their desktops are properly managed, upgrades and patches are applied and data is backed up—without incurring the cost of deskside IT visits.
Lenovo client virtualization reference architectures supports a range of virtual desktop and virtual application scenarios using industry-proven Lenovo hardware combined with software from Citrix® and VMware® . These client virtualization reference architectures are fully tested across applications, software, hardware, and services to help streamline IT administration and simplify the transition to a virtual desktop infrastructure. Lenovo client virtualization provides the below benefits:
- Simplifies desktop administration, support, and management
- Enhances security and compliance management and improves availability and reliability
- Provides flexibility so users can work anytime and anywhere regardless of device
- Supports growth initiatives for mobility and flexible work locations
Lenovo offers an array of form factors to meet your client virtualization infrastructure needs, including highly scalable Flex System converged infrastructure, feature-rich Lenovo rack servers, ThinkServer rack servers and HX Series appliances. These systems provide a robust, secure, and easily managed virtualization platform for your network administrators. To deliver maximum productivity and preferences for your employees, Lenovo supports many popular PC and thin-client choices — including the Lenovo ThinkCentre thin-client. By combining the flexibility, security and manageability of these solutions with Lenovo’s comprehensive suite of services, Lenovo offers a winning virtualization solution for your managed environments.
- Complete front-to-back solutions
- Range of clients, brokers, hypervisors, servers, networking, and storage
- Range of form factors, price, performance, and density
- Support for accelerated graphics
- Lenovo Services
Proven & Credible
The Lenovo Client Virtualization solution is based on a reference architecture approach. Our reference architecture documents contain performance measurements and performance guidance for different client virtualization scenarios, and show how to size a virtual desktop or virtual application solution to your specific requirements. The reference architecture documents contain information about clients, servers, networking, and storage in an easy-to-digest format and show you the performance tradeoffs for different scenarios, software stacks, and hardware choices.
- Architecture Brief: Lenovo Client Virtualization
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization
Lenovo Client Virtualization RA for Citrix XenDesktop
The key to a successful client virtualization deployment depends largely on matching the solution to your organization’s workload requirements. Running Citrix XenDesktop on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo, helps reduce costs and gives you the flexibility to choose configurations. The Lenovo and Citrix XenDesktop reference architecture offers an array of infrastructure choices for general-purpose workloads, accelerated graphics workloads, hyper-converged solutions and shared storage deployments.
- Architecture Brief: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Citrix XenDesktop – Lenovo Servers
- Architecture Brief: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Citrix XenDesktop – HX Series
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Citrix XenDesktop – Lenovo Servers
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for Citrix XenDesktop – HX Series ·
Lenovo Client Virtualization RA for VMware Horizon
Running on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo, VMware Horizon delivers multiple advantages for organizations implementing client virtualization, including choice of delivery with support for private cloud and cloud-hosted services, as well as comprehensive image management across any combination of virtual, physical and bring-your-own device. VMware’s closed-loop management and optimization for the software defined data center enables organizations to truly extend the power of virtualization from the data center to devices.
- Architecture Brief: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon – Lenovo Servers
- Architecture Brief: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon – HX Series
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon – Lenovo Servers
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Client Virtualization Reference Architecture for VMware Horizon – HX Series