IBM TS2270 Tape Drive
Ideal for Growing Storage Requirements.
- Long-term tape storage for backup & archive
- Easy access to data on LTO Ultrium 7/6/5 cartridges, through IBM® Spectrum Archive™ technology
- Media-partitioning on LTO Ultrium 7 media
TS2270 Tape DriveFeatures
- Provide long-term backup and archive storage data protection while lowering overall storage costs
- Easily access data stored on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 7, 6 and 5 cartridges through the use of IBM® Spectrum Archive™ technology
- Improve energy efficiency over previous generations
- Support media partitioning on LTO Ultrium 7 media
The IBM® TS2270 Tape Drive is the answer to growing storage requirements and shrinking backup windows. Incorporating the latest generation of industry-leading LTO technology, the TS2270 Tape Drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rates than the previous generation.
In addition, the LTO Ultrium 7 technology is designed to support media partitioning and IBM Spectrum Archive™ technology. It also continues to support encryption of data and write-once-read-many (WORM) media.
The TS2270 Tape Drive is an excellent tape storage solution for organizations requiring backup and low-cost, archival storage of data. The TS2270 provides a physical storage capacity of up to 15TB (with 2.5:1 compression). The data transfer performance has increased over the previous LTO Ultrium half-height generation with a transfer rate of up to 300MBps with 6Gbps SAS interface connectivity. The drive offers two SAS and one Ethernet port per drive to improve availability.
- Tech Specs
TS2270 Tape DriveTech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Available ConfigurationsModel 6160 H7S—One LTO Ultrium 7 tape drive, 6Gbps SAS interface Tape Drive TypeLTO Ultrium 7 Physical Capacity6TB native; 15TB with 2.5:1 compression Number of Tape Drives1 Number of Tape Cartridges1 Data Transfer RateUp to 300MBps native Media TypeRead and write:
LTO Ultrium 7
6TB data cartridge
LTO Ultrium 6
2.5TB data cartridge
LTO Ultrium 5
1.5TB data cartridge
LTO Ultrium cleaning cartridge
Weight4.3kg (9.5lbs) Power Requirements100 – 240V ac, 50 – 60Hz auto-ranging Dimensions (W x H x D)21.3cm x 5.8cm x 33.2cm (8.39in. x 2.29in. x 13.07in.) WarrantyThree-year limited warranty, customer replaceable unit and on-site service in most countries, next-business-day 9x5, service upgrades available
Specifications may vary depending upon region.