Lenovo Storage S2200
Enterprise-Class Features At Affordable Prices
Entry-Level SAN With Enterprise Features.
- Simplified management GUI
- High-performance storage optimized to grow with your business
- High-availability configurations, hot-swap drives & fans, dual controllers, & more
Lenovo Storage S2200Features
- Simple to manage GUI, no dedicated storage administration needed
- Supports up to 96 drives
- In-chassis controller upgrades with no data migration
- Scale out options with thin provisioning allow you to grow your SAN in pace with your business
- Asynchronous replication integrates into disaster recovery solutions
Simplicity at its Core
The Lenovo Storage S2200 SAN array offers simplicity, speed and scalability. With its easy-to-use management interface, the S2200 makes complex administrative storage tasks simple. There’s no need for an additional dedicated resource to manage this array. Setup is also simple using the intuitive navigation; out-of-the-box and deployed in under an hour. The Lenovo S2200 offers a great balance between simplicity and performance.
Designed to Fit
The S2200 gives you a choice of supported connectivity choices and offers impressive capacities. Choose between SAS, Fibre Channel or iSCSI to integrate into your existing network. The S2200 supports up to 96 drives and can have mixed LFF and SFF enclosures in the same array, allowing this device to provide you with the flexibility you need in your business. And the S2200 has in-chassis controller upgrades without data migration. Just swap out the S2200 controller with the S3200 controller and you can experience greater performance, additional fabric support, and greater capacity. The S2200 is designed not only to fit into your business, but to grow with your business.
The Lenovo Storage S2200 is perfect for deployments in companies that need advanced features at an affordable price. Equipped with storage tiering, high availability, thin provisioning, and other enterprise-class features, the S2200 provides your business with a solid foundation to grow.
As your business grows, upgrading to the S3200 is easy. Simply change out the controller blades in the back of the chassis, no data migration, reestablishing LUNs, changing licenses is needed with this upgrade. Because this information is stored in the chassis, you can now have the ability to increase your performance, capacity and ports by upgrading to the S3200.
- Tech Specs
Lenovo Storage S2200Tech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Host Interface6Gbps SAS or 1/10Gbps iSCSI or 8Gbps Fibre Channel Single/Dual ControllerSingle- and Dual- (active/active) controller support RAID SupportRAID 1, 5, 6, 10 Fans and Power SuppliesFully redundant and hot swappable Supported Drives2.5-inch SAS Drives: 300GB, 600GB at 15,000rpm
2.5-inch SAS Drives: 600GB, 900GB, 1.2TB at 10,000rpm
2.5-inch NL-SAS SED Drives: 600GB, 900GB, 1.2TB at 10,000rpm
2.5-inch NL-SAS Drives: 1TB at 7,200rpm
2.5-inch SAS SSD: 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB
3.5-inch NL-SAS Drives: 2TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB at 7,200rpm
3.5-inch NL-SAS SED Drive: 4TB at 7,200rpm
Cache per Controller6GB per controller (Data (Read/Write) cache = 4GB and Metadata and System OS cache = 2GB) LUNs per System1024 maximum and 128TB LUN size Snapshots per Volume254 maximum Expansion Units (3 max)E1012: 12 x 3.5-inch drives; E1024: 24 x 2.5-inch drives Snapshots64 included Optional LicensesIntelligent Real-Time Tiering with SSDs, 256 snapshots, 512 snapshots, asynchronous replication Asynchronous Replication
- Up to 32 volumes
- Scheduler supports 1hr, 12hr, and 24hr time intervals
- Licenses: one for target and one for source
Warranty3-year limited warranty, 9x5 next business day parts only ENERGY STAR CertifiedThe Lenovo Storage S2200 is now ENERGY STAR certified. ENERGY STAR-certified products are energy efficient which results in cost savings via reduced energy consumption and regulatory rebates. Please refer to the US EPA website for details on ENERGY STAR certification criteria and process. Lenovo Storage S2200 ENERGY STAR certification is listed on the EPA website.
Specifications may vary depending upon region.
Lenovo Storage S2200Storage S2200 Resources
- Product Guide
- Solution Brief: Lenovo Storage S2200 Delivers Best in Class SPC-1 Benchmark
- Battery-Free Cache Protection Product Guide
- Synchronous Cache Mirroring Technology and Active/Active Controllers
- Lenovo SAN Manager: Provisioning and Mapping Volumes
- Lenovo SAN Manager: Rapid RAID Rebuilds and Performance Volume LUNs
- Lenovo SAN Manager: Intelligent Real-Time Tiering & Read Cache
- Lenovo SAN Manager: Thin Provisioning
Videos and Tours
- 3D tour
- Lenovo Storage S3200 and S2200 Key Software Features
- Lenovo S2200 and S3200 SAN Storage Arrays
- Walk-through: Lenovo Storage S3200 and S2200
- The Facts: Lenovo S3200 and S2200 SAN Storage Solutions versus the Competition
- Lenovo -- Unlock Your Data Center's Potential
- Lenovo Enterprise Systems Powering Client Innovations
Reports and Papers