Flexible, Scalable, Enterprise Quality
- Ideal for office use
- Office-quiet acoustics
- Compact size for deskside/under-desk usage
- Industry-leading storage capacity for 1P
- Features dual GbE
- Optional up to 2x 10GbE ports
- Supports internal M.2 SSD
- Best-in-class physical security
- Enterprise-class storage and RAID support
- Enterprise systems management features
- Enterprise reliability and serviceability
- Supports full range of server OSes
- A choice of Intel® processor types, including Xeon® E3-1200 v5 family, Core® i3, and Pentium®
- Up to 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 memory
- Up to 8x 3.5-inch, or 16x 2.5-inch, or 4x 3.5-inch + 8x 2.5-inch bays
- Supports internal M.2 SSD
- Software RAID standard; optional hardware RAID
- 2x built-in 1GbE network interface ports, plus 1x dedicated management port
- Optional 2- or 4-port 1GbE NICs, and 1- or 2-port 10GbE NICs
- Choice of fixed or hot-swap/redundant drives and PSUs
- Support for several server and client operating systems
- Supports Lenovo XClarity for single-application systems management
Flexible and Scalable
The Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 offers flexibility in configuration: a choice of processors, including enterprise-class Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 Processor v5 series, as well as Core® i3 and Pentium® processors. Up to 64GB of ECC 2133MHz DDR4 UDIMM memory capacity enables you to run larger workloads, complete them faster, and virtualize for more efficient server usage.
Storage options include combinations of 5.25-inch optical/tape drives, 3.5-inch HDDs, and 2.5-inch HDDs/SSDs, plus support for an M.2 SSD. The 64TB of hot-swap SAS/SATA storage capacity is the industry’s largest for an entry tower server. The TS460 is ideal for storage-intense workloads and supports all major server operating systems for complete flexibility.
Enterprise Quality and Manageability
Enterprise-quality features include an IPMI 2.0-compliant ThinkServer Management Module (TMM), WebUI support, Lenovo XClarity software for easy centralized management, and a dedicated Ethernet port for systems management.
Availability and security options include hot-swap drives; 6Gb and 12Gb hardware RAID; hot-swap/redundant power; ECC memory; multiple 1Gb/10Gb Ethernet adapters with failover support; internal LTO tape, RDX cartridges, and rewritable DVDs for backup; and an optional TPM module.
Remote/Branch Office UseThe TS460 is optimized for remote office/branch office (ROBO) use. Its office-quiet acoustics and compact size (suitable for deskside or under-desk deployment) are perfect for an office environment, and the combination of energy-efficient processors, 1.2V DDR4 memory, and 80 PLUS Gold (up to 92% efficient) power supplies saves you money and helps the environment.
- Tech Specs
ThinkServer TS460Tech Specs
Description ThinkServer TS460 ProcessorIntel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5 Series; Core® i3 and Pentium®; up to 8MB cache maximum Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows Server & Hypervisor 2012R2 and 2016
- Microsoft Windows Storage 2012R2 and 2016
- VMware Vsphere (ESXi)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
Form Factor/HeightSingle Socket Mainstream 4U Tower MemoryUp to 64GB DDR4 (4x 16GB UDIMMs); 2133MHz ECC DIMMs Storage Bays2x external fixed 5.25-inch bays: ODD/Tape (with kit); 4x fixed (non-hot-swap) 3.5-inch or 4/8 hot-swap 3.5-inch; 8/16 hot-swap 2.5-inch; 4x 3.5-inch + 8x 2.5-inch bays; 1x M.2 socket Maximum Internal Storage64TB 3.5-inch 7,200rpm hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs; 28.8TB 2.5-inch 10,000rpm hot-swap SAS HDDs; 15.36TB SATA SSDs; plus 128GB M.2 SATA SSD RAID SupportThinkServer RAID 121i software RAID; optional hardware PCIe RAID: ThinkServer RAID 520i 12Gb,ThinkServer RAID 720i 12Gb (optional cache and BBU), LSI 9300-8e 12Gb SAS (JBOD) Power Supply1/1; 300W 80 PLUS Bronze (non-hot-swap); 1/2 450W 80 PLUS Gold (hot-swap/redundant) Hot-Swap ComponentsHDDs (with RAID), PSUs Network Interface2x on-board 1Gb Ethernet standard; 2 optional 2/4-port 1Gb and 1/2-port 10Gb Ethernet adapters Expansion Slots4x PCIe 3.0 slots: x4/x4, x16/x16 (x8 when slot 4 is used), x1/x1, x8/x8 Ports6x USB 3.0 (2x front; 4x rear), 2x RJ45 Ethernet, 1x dedicated management port, 1x serial (COM); 1x VGA Systems ManagementLenovo XClarity; ThinkServer TMM (IPMI 2.0) SecurityOptional TPM 1.2 & 2.0 Dimensions (W x D x H)173mm/6.81 inches (W) x 443.5mm/17.46 inches (H) x 582.65mm/22.94 inches (D) with foot and security door – 173mm/6.81 inches (W) x 430.5mm/16.96 inches (H) x 558mm/21.97 inches (D) without foot and security door WeightMinimum weight 15kg/33.07 lbs