System x3250 M6 Rack Server
Enormous Enterprise Power in a Compact 1U/1P Package
- Compact 1U/1P package delivers enormous enterprise power
- Packs enterprise class management, high-availability and security features
- Latest Intel® processors up to 30 percent faster than previous generation
- Lightning-quick UDIMM memory
- Designed for energy-efficiency
System x3250 M6Features
- Enterprise systems management hardware and software (Lenovo XClarity, IMM 2.1, shared GbE port, IPMI 2.0)
- High-availability and enterprise security features (hot-swap drives and power supply units, RAID 5, redundant power, built-in TPM, optional security bezel)
- Choice of Intel® processors (Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v6 series, Pentium®, Core i3®, or Celeron®
- Ample, fast memory (up to 64GB 2400MHz TruDDR4 ECC UDIMMS)
- Flexible storage options (4 x 3.5-inch or 8 x 2.5-inch hot-swap/simple-swap HDDs/SSDs)
- Large storage capacity (up to 40TB of HDDs)/up to 12.8TB of SSDs)
- Compact size for greater rack airflow (only 576mm/22.7-inches deep)
- Energy-efficient power supplies (80 PLUS Gold, fixed or HS redundant)
- Up to 3-year parts and labor limited warranty
Enterprise Features in a Compact Package
The single-processor Lenovo System x3250 M6 packs enterprise class management, high-availability and security features into a compact 1U form factor. Centrally automate discovery, inventory tracking, real-time monitoring, provisioning, firmware updates, fault detection and alert handling with Lenovo XClarity, a simple-to-use resource management tool. Facilitate high uptime with redundant/hot-swap drives, fans and power supplies. Protect your hardware and firmware with integrated industry-unique Lenovo Trusted Platform Assurance, which includes a built-in Trusted Platform Module and optional security bezel. That’s just the starting point.
The x3250 M6 offers a choice of the latest Intel® processors (from Celeron® to Xeon® E3-1200 v6 series)—up to 30 percent faster than the previous generation. Plus, get up to 64GB of lightning-quick, low-latency 2400MHz TruDDR4 UDIMM memory for a robust system capable of powering workloads such as infrastructure and retail point of sale. The system comes with two integrated 1GbE ports and support for up to two optional 10GbE ports to handle the heaviest network communications. You also get storage flexibility and up to 40TB of capacity from a choice of up to four 3.5-inch hard disk drives (HDDs) or eight 2.5-inch HDDs/solid state drives (SSDs) in simple-swap or hot-swap formats.
In addition to its affordable price, the x3250 M6 can save you money in many ways. Choose a model with a single fixed 300W power supply unit (PSU) or dual hot-swap/redundant 460W PSUs; both are 80 PLUS Gold-rated, for up to 92 percent energy efficiency for energy savings. Low-voltage Xeon® processors can use as little as 25W, and TruDDR4 DIMMs consume only 1.2V (35 percent less than 1.35V DDR3L DIMMs). And XClarity software can reduce provisioning time by up to 95 percent vs. manual operation.
- Tech Specs
System x3250 M6Tech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Form Factor/Height/Depth1U / 576mm (22.7 inches) Processor (Max)/Cache (max)Choice of one Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v6 series, Core i3®, Pentium®, or Celeron®/up to 8MB MemoryUp to 64GB of 2400MHz TruDDR4 ECC UDIMMs (4 slots) Disk Bays4 x 3.5-inch hot-swap/simple-swap or 8 x 2.5-inch hot-swap/simple-swap Maximum Internal Storage40TB 3.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs; 16TB 3.5-inch simple-swap SATA HDDs; 16TB 2.5-inch hot-swap/simple-swap SATA HDDs; 16TB 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs; or 12.8TB hot-swap SATA SSDs RAID SupportSoftware RAID 0/1/10/5; opt. hardware RAID 0/1/10/5/6 via M1210 (6GB or 12GB) or M5200 series (6GB or 12GB) Power SupplyOne fixed 300W 80 PLUS Gold; or two hot-swap redundant 460W 80 PLUS Gold / Energy Star 2.0 Network Interface2 x GbE ports (1 shared with systems management); opt. single- or dual-port 10GbE adapter Expansion Slots2 PCIe 3.0 (one reserved for optional M1210 RAID controller) USB Ports/VGA PortsUp to 2 x USB 3.0 front, 2 x USB 3.0 rear, 1 x USB 3.0 interior Hot-Swap ComponentsHDDs, SSDs, 460W PSUs Systems ManagementLenovo XClarity Administrator with mobile option, Lenovo XClarity Pro software bundle, IMM 2.1, shared GbE port Operating Systems SupportedMicrosoft Windows Server, SUSE Linux; Red Hat Enterprise Linux; Ubuntu (tested and certified); VMware ESXi Limited Warranty3-year parts and labor or 1-year parts and labor
Specifications may vary depending on region.
System x3250 M6System x3250 M6 Resources
Videos & Tours
Reports & Papers