Flex System x880 X6
For Demanding Workloads
Ideal for workloads that demand the highest levels of performance such as analytics & databases requiring more cores as well more memory per system.
- Outstanding compute, memory, storage
- Supports SSD/RAID options kits
- Scalable to eight processors max
- Pay-as-you-grow system expandability
- Advanced reliability, standard hypervisors
Flex System x880 X6 Compute NodeFeatures
- Up to 300 percent faster using the x880 X6†
- The world’s first 8-socket Intel® Xeon® processor-based blade server‡ provides up to 2x the capacity of competitive blade servers.§
- Scalability to 8-sockets enables you to add IT resource to your environment as your demands increase
- High-end server resiliency and availability maximize application uptime for critical databases and business applications
- Integrate and optimize compute, storage and networking resources with simplified management using the no-compromise building blocks of the Lenovo Flex System infrastructure
† SPEC benchmark results are available at www.spec.org. 300 percent configuration: x880 X6 Compute Node using eight Intel Xeon processor E7-4890 v2 vs. 4-socket server using four previous top-of-the-line E7-4870 (v1) processors.
‡ Based on information obtained from www.cisco.com, www.dell.com, www.hp.com, and ibm.com, as of April 4, 2014.
§ Up to 12 TB maximum memory vs. 6 TB or less for competitive Intel Xeon processor-based blade servers.
Scalable & Reliable Solution
Today's IT organizations must deliver game-changing cloud, big data, and analytics capabilities. But they're also expected to drive innovation with declining budgets. In addition, mission-critical applications are required to do more as businesses increase mobile and cloud deployments. Despite these challenges, IT solutions must be able to scale performance, manage large data, and reliably make information available in real-time. The x880 X6 compute node is ideal for mission-critical workloads.
Ideal for Demanding Workloads
The Lenovo Flex System x880 X6, the first scalable 8-socket blade server featuring powerful Intel® Xeon® processors E7-8800 v3 series, is ideal for workloads that demand the highest levels of capacity, performance, and resiliency, such as analytics and large databases.
- Tech Specs
Flex System x880 X6 Compute NodeTech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Processor2/8, Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800 v3 series Level 2 (L2) Cache256 KB per core Level 3 (L3) CacheUp to 45 MB ChipsetIntel C600 Form FactorLenovo Flex System 2-socket Compute Node scalable up to 8 sockets (via 4 compute nodes) Memory192 DDR3/DDR3L LP, 12 TB maximum with 64 GB LRDIMM ScalabilityEight processors max Internal Flash StorageUp to 9.4 TB using eXFlash DIMMs; Plus up to 12.8 TB using 8 hot-swap 2.5-inch SSDs, or up to 25 TB using 16 hot-swap 1.8-inch eXFlash SSDs and 16 fixed 1.8-inch eXFlash SSDs Internal HDD Storage8 hot-swap 2.5-inch hard disk drives RAID FunctionsLSI 3004, RAID-0,-1 ServeRAID M1200/M5100 Flex System Flash Kit for X6, optional RAID-5 via FoD Internal USB8 Standard USB Flash Key + 4 Front Access USB Key EthernetVirtual Fabric 4 x 10 GbE LOM per individual compute node Chassis SupportLenovo Flex System Enterprise Chassis I/O Expansion16 mezzanine PCIe Gen 3 slots Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available ManagementIMM2, next-generation light path diagnostics, Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA), Lenovo XClarity Operating SystemsMicrosoft Windows Server, SUSE, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware RAS FeaturesChassis redundant/hot-plug power and cooling X6 RAS, Upward Integration Modules, front panel and FRU/CRU LEDs
Flex System x880 X6 Compute NodeFlex System x880 X6 Compute Node Resources