ThinkPad X1 Carbon
ThinkPad X1 Carbon
Carbon-Tough Yet Ultralight.
- Starting at:
Carbon-Tough Yet Ultralight.
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)Features
Get Used to Checking Your Bag
At just 1.14 kg and 15.95 mm thin, the new X1 Carbon is our smallest and thinnest business Ultrabook™ yet. You might find yourself checking a lot to make sure it's really there.
Sacrifice Nothing For Portability
With an 8% smaller footprint than previous generations, the new X1 Carbon is easier to hold, to carry, and to take your work on the go. But the best part? We’ve packed in even more processing power, more memory, and more storage to drive your business. Plus we managed to keep the 14″ display—now Quad-HD—in a 13″ chassis. Now that’s innovation.
We’ve Got Your Back
With four layers of carbon-fibre reinforced chassis and a magnesium alloy roll-cage for added strength, we’ve engineered the new X1 Carbon to handle whatever comes your way. From spilled drinks, to drops and knocks, this laptop is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and passes more than 200 durability tests. Whether it’s a day at the office, or a day on the move, X1 Carbon has you covered.
Up & Running Even If You’re Not
Even when WiFi is out of range, the new X1 Carbon has LTE-A (4G) option available (coming soon) —so you’ll always have connectivity and access to all your data and apps in the cloud.
From 0 to 80 in 60
The X1 Carbon delivers up to 15.5 hours of battery life. And if you’re running low, the rapid charging feature provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to more than 12 hours.
Prepare to Be Thunderstruck
The X1 Carbon includes Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3—the technology that brings lightning-fast Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps. Connect a cable from your USB-C port to a Thunderbolt 3-enabled device, and get four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other port type, while also supplying power. So you get Thunderbolt, USB-C, and DisplayPort. Plus, you can even output to two 4K displays with the Thunderbolt Dock.
Like Magic, Really
Imagine walking up to your desk with your X1 Carbon and automatically connecting to your monitor and external keyboard and mouse. Or walking into a conference room and, almost instantly, your presentation is up on the display, with the speakers fully connected. With the ThinkPad WiGig Dock (optional), there's no fumbling for cables or wired connectivity.
No Re-Inventing the Wheel
Lenovo has shipped more than a 100-million ThinkPads, all with our award-winning, ergonomic, highly accurate keyboard. And the X1 Carbon delivers that same legendary interaction that IT pros and end-users alike have come to love and expect from ThinkPad—all day, every day.
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)ReviewsCustomer Reviews for X1 Carbon (Gen 5)
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)Tech Specs
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)
DESCRIPTION THINKPAD X1 CARBON GEN 5 Processor
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (3M Cache, 2.5GHz, max. 3.1GHz)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300U Processor (3M Cache, 2.6GHz, max. 3.5GHz), vPro
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (4M Cache, 2.7GHz, max. 3.5GHz)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7600U Processor (4M Cache, 2.8GHz, max. 3.9GHz), vPro
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
- 14" FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS
- 14” WQHD (2560x1440), anti-glare, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS (coming soon)
Multi-touchNone GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 620 in processor only; supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; supports 3 x independent displays; max. resolution: 4096x2304 @60Hz (USB-C), 4096x2160 @24Hz (HDMI) Adaptor (optional)
- HDMI to VGA adaptor
- USB-C to VGA adaptor
- USB-C to DisplayPort adaptor
Memory8GB / 16GB, LPDDR3 1866MHz, soldered to systemboard, no sockets WebcamHD 720p resolution, fixed focus Storage1
- M.2 SSD / SATA 6.0Gb/s: 128GB
- M.2 SSD / PCIe NVMe: 256GB OPAL2 / 512GB OPAL2 / 1TB OPAL2
Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)323.5 x 217.1 x 15.95 mm WeightStarting at 1.13 kg Case colourBlack BatteryIntegrated 3-cell Li-Polymer (57Wh) RapidCharge2 battery Battery life3Up to 15.5 hours AC adaptor65W USB Type-C RapidCharge
- Charge to 80% in 1.0 hour
- Charge to 100% in 2.5 hours
Keyboard6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight Ultranav™TrackPoint® pointing device and buttonless Glass surface multi-touch touchpad Fingerprint readerTouch style match on chip, on keyboard bezel Audio supportHD Audio, Conexant® CX11871 codec, stereo speakers, 2W x 2 / dual array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack EthernetVia Ethernet Extension Cable:
- Non-vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V
- vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 4.14, M.2 Card
- Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265, 2x2, WiGig™ + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 4.14, M.2 Card (configurable from vPro model only)
Wireless WANSierra Wireless EM7430 (optional) SIM card slotMicro-SIM card slot (when configured with 4G card) NFCNone Ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C
- 2 x USB 3.0 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- Ethernet extension connector
- Micro-SIM (available on 4G model)
WiGig dockOptional (available only on model configured with Intel Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265)
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
- Available free space excluding space occupied by installed Operation System, apps and programs, approx. 20GB ~ 60GB. More details: Why does my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity appear to be smaller than expected?
- RapidCharge requires 65W AC adaptor
- MobileMark 2014. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Intel 8265ac / 18265ac card supports Bluetooth 4.2 but is limited to Bluetooth 4.1 by Windows OS
Accessories & Services
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
X1 Carbon (Gen 5)ModelsDOCK $1 ONLY
New ThinkPad X1 Carbon