IBM TS2900 Tape Drive
Entry-Level Tape Autoloader With Latest Gen Technology
- Designed for rack system environments
- Latest generation of LTO with Ultrium 6 half-height technology
- Lowest entry price for any IBM tape automation with half-height tech
TS2900 Tape AutoloaderFeatures
- Slim profile, 1U system designed for rack system environments for automated, high-capacity tape storage
- Features the latest generation of Linear Tape-Open (LTO) with Ultrium 7 half-height technology designed for reliable performance in small to midsize open-system environments
- Lowest entry price of any IBM® tape automation offering half-height tape technology
The IBM® TS2900 Tape Autoloader is designed for entry-level automated backup for rack system and small to midsize business environments. With a low-profile, high-density storage capacity, the TS2900 is ideally suited for backup and archival operations. The TS2900 is available with half-height LTO Ultrium 7, 6, 5 or 4 tape technology for a high-capacity, entry-priced tape storage solution.
The TS2900 is equipped with standard features designed to provide ease-of-use and secured data backup. Web-based remote management, a bar code reader and a removable tape magazine help provide ease of use. The TS2900 can be used in a rack system or on a desktop next to a server in an office.
These types of features help reduce the amount of required IT personnel, as well as help centralize backups in the data center. The TS2900 is also designed to support the encryption of sensitive user data in combination with half-height LTO Ultrium 7, 6, 5 or 4 tape technology. With a 6Gbps serial-attached SCSI (SAS) interface, the TS2900 is supported on Lenovo System x, Lenovo ThinkServer, Intel and other open-system server platforms.
- Tech Specs
TS2900 Tape AutoloaderTech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Drive Options
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 7: 6Gbps SAS
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 6: 6Gbps SAS
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 5: 6Gbps SAS
- Half-height LTO Ultrium 4: 6Gbps SAS
- LTO Ultrium 7 6171 S7H
- LTO Ultrium 6 6171 S6H
- LTO Ultrium 5 6171 S5H
- LTO Ultrium 4 6171 S4H
Desk-side Cover KitPN 00NA015 or feature code# AS1D Additional Tape MagazinePN 00NA019 or feature code# AS1K Rack-Mount KitPN 00NA013 or feature code# 7006 Number of Tape Drives1 Tape Cartridge Capacity9 I/O Stations1 Physical Capacity
- LTO Ultrium 7: Up to 54TB (135TB with 2.5:1 compression)
- LTO Ultrium 6: Up to 22.5TB (56.25TB with 2.5:1 compression)
- LTO Ultrium 5: Up to 13.5TB (27TB with 2:1 compression)
- LTO Ultrium 4: Up to 7.2TB (14.4TB with 2:1 compression)
Data Transfer Rate
- LTO Ultrium 7: Up to 300MBps
- LTO Ultrium 6: Up to 160MBps
- LTO Ultrium 5: Up to 140MBps
- LTO Ultrium 4: Up to 120MBps
Dimensions (Height × Width × Depth)1.73in. × 19.02in. × 33.46in. (44mm × 483mm × 850mm) Weight28.6lbs (13kg), without drive and cartridges Attachment and Systems SupportThe TS2900 supports 6Gbps attachment available for selected Lenovo servers and other Linux and Microsoft Windows open-system servers.
Latest support information: ibm.com/systems/support/storage/config/ssic
WarrantyOne-year CRU and onsite warranty with 9x5/next business day terms. Lenovo warranty service upgrade offerings are country-specific.
Specifications may vary depending upon region.