IBM Multimedia Backup Enclosure
Flexible Rack-Mounted Multimedia Enclosure.
- 1U low-profile design for configuration with up to 4 storage devices in a 19" rack
- Supports LTO Ultrium 6/5, DAT160 tape drives, DVD-RAM, & RDX removable disk drives
- Multiple options to connect to BladeCenter, PureFlex, & System x servers
Multimedia Backup EnclosureFeatures
- Features a low-profile design for configuration with up to four storage devices in a 1U space in a 19-inch rack
- Offers Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 and Ultrium 5 tape drives, DVD-RAM or RDX removable disk drives
- Provides multiple options to connect to high-performance Flex System, System x and ThinkServer servers
- Enables the performance and capacity enhancements of half-high LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 tape drives, with the additional versatility of RDX removable disk drives and DVD-RAM options
The IBM® Multimedia Backup Enclosure is an external, 1U rack-mount backup enclosure that can accommodate up to two LTO Ultrium half-high tape drives, up to two RDX docking stations, or up to four DVD-RAM drives. It provides flexibility in choosing the type of backup media, including support for mixed drive types within the same enclosure.
The drives in the Multimedia Backup Enclosure offer SAS, USB and Fibre Channel host-connectivity options, and they support connectivity to a wide range of Lenovo System x and ThinkServer servers and Flex System compute nodes to help protect critical data on these systems.
The Multimedia Backup Enclosure enables the performance and capacity enhancements of data backup with half-high LTO Ultrium 6 and 5 tape drives, and it provides extra versatility with RDX removable disk drives and DVD-RAM options.
- Tech Specs
Multimedia Backup EnclosureTech Specs
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Available Configuration61901U3 / 61901UX Number of Storage DevicesFour maximum (assumes four DVD drives) ElectronicsOptional SAS, USB or Fibre Channel electronic bus Typical Compression2:1 for tape drives and 3:1 for DVD optical drives
Compression on RDX disk drives is typically 2:1
Service OfferingsOne-year limited warranty
Customer-replaceable unit and 24x7 on-site service, service upgrades available
Dimensions (H x W x D)4.3cm x 48cm x 43.8cm (1.7in. x 18.7in. x 17.6in.) Weight7.1kg (15.6lbs) – typical configuration Temperature10°C – 40°C (50°F – 104°F) Relative Humidity20% – 80% Wet Bulb (Maximum)26°C (79°F) Electrical Power0.047 kVA Power Requirement140W power supply Acoustics (Maximum)5.5 bels idle; 6.2 bels operating Host Operating SystemsWindows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2; RHEL 5, 6, and 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11 SAS ConnectivityLTO Ultrium drives support SAS attach to System x and ThinkServer systems USB ConnectivityRDX drives can be connected to an external USB 3.0 port on System x, and ThinkServer servers and Flex System compute nodes
DVD-RAM drives with USB interface can be connected to an external USB 2.0 port on System x and ThinkServer servers
Fibre Channel ConnectivityLTO Ultrium drives support FC switch-based attachments for Flex System compute nodes
Specifications may vary depending upon region.
Multimedia Backup EnclosureIBM Multimedia Backup Enclosure Resources