Storage-Dense. Flexible Design.
Incredible storage density and a highly flexible design in a next-generation rack server -- perfect for your business-critical applications.
- Ideal for storage-hungry applications
- Highly flexible design with tiered-storage options
- Dynamic cooling design allows for extra-reliable performance
Highly Flexible Design
With the Lenovo ThinkServer RD650, you can run more workloads than ever before. Built with the latest Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 Series (up to 44 cores per system), expansive memory capacity, and flexible storage configurations and I/O options, the RD650 can easily be tailored to your business needs. For example, the RD650 offers a unique hybrid storage option with nine 3.5-inch and six 2.5-inch drive bays in the front and two 2.5-inch drive bays in the back—ideal for tiered storage environments. With up to 100TB of local storage capacity, the RD650 is also excellent for database, data analytics, and video streaming workloads.
Leveraging the Lenovo AnyFabric and AnyRAID designs, the RD650 can house up to four 10Gb Ethernet ports and your choice of RAID adapter—without consuming PCIe slots. Two additional enterprise-class M.2 solid-state drives (SSDs) are available for secure booting, as well as an SD card option for hypervisor booting. Up to nine expansion slots give you plenty of bandwidth to scale your I/O. For ultimate performance, the industry-unique Lenovo AnyBay design allows multiple storage types in the same drive bay, including fast, front-accessible NVMe PCIe SSDs.
Lenovo servers have consistently achieved the highest reliability of all x86 servers in the industry. With its dynamic environmental design, the RD650 can run at 45ºC continuously—with no impact on reliability. Other high-reliability features include ECC memory, RAID, hot-swap hard-disk and solid state drives, and hot-swap and redundant power and cooling.
Centrally automate discovery, inventory tracking, real-time monitoring, fault detection, and alert handling over the lifecycle of your servers with Lenovo XClarity, a best-in-class enterprise management tool. A mobile option enables you to securely monitor your systems from Android and iOS devices.
Additionally, the RD650 offers a suite of intuitive administration utilities for configuration and deployment. Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager is available for optimizing your server power consumption.
- Tech Specs
ThinkServer RD650Tech Specs
Description Lenovo ThinkServer RD650 ProcessorUp to two 18-core Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 Series Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (Including Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Including Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (Including Hyper-V)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
- VMware vSphere ESXi
Form Factor/Height2U Rack MemoryUp to 768 GB DDR4 - 2133 MT/s via 24 slots (RDIMM/LRDIMM) Media Bays1 x slim optical (in select 2.5" chassis configurations) Disk BaysUp to 12 x 3.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear or up to 24 x 2.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear or up to 9 x 3.5" front + up to 6 x 2.5" front + up to 2 x 2.5" rear Maximum Internal Storage
- Up to 74 TB 3.5" chassis or up to 30.8 TB 2.5" chassis or up to 63.2 TB hybrid chassis;
- M.2 SSD and SD card options available
- ThinkServer RAID 110i AnyRAID (0/1/10, optional 5)
- ThinkServer RAID 510i AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10, optional 5)
- ThinkServer RAID 720i AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10/5/50/6/60)
- ThinkServer RAID 720ix AnyRAID Adapter (0/1/10/5/50/6/60)
- Redundant hot-swap
- 550W/750W/1100W (80 PLUS Platinum), 110V to 240V AC input
- 750W (80 PLUS Titanium), 200V to 240V AC input
- 1600W (80 PLUS Platinum), 200V to 240V AC input
- 1 x Integrated Gb Ethernet (Dedicated management port)
- 1 x AnyFabric slot with choice of Ethernet NIC, Fibre Channel HBA or CNA
Expansion SlotsAll chassis up to - 3 x PCIe Gen3: LP x8, 4 x PCIe Gen3: FLFH x8, 1 x PCIe Gen3: HLFH x8 Cooling4 Redundant hot-swap fans with 1 processor or 6 redundant hot-swap fans with 2 processors Systems Management
- ThinkServer System Manager
- Optional ThinkServer System Manager Premium
Dimensions (W x H x D)(482 mm x 87 mm x 764 mm) or (19.0" x 3.4" x 30.1") WeightStarting at (16.0 kg) or (35.3 lbs)
Specifications may vary depending upon region.
ThinkServer RD650ThinkServer RD650 Resources