Flex System x480 X6
For Large Virtual Machines & Databases
Ideal for workloads such as large virtual machines, analytics, & databases requiring more cores as well as more memory per system or VM.
- Scalable and dense four-socket design
- Strong price performance
- Integrated system management
- Virtual networking with virtual fabric
Flex System x480 X6 Compute NodeFeatures
- Up to 100 percent faster application performance than a previous generation four-socket system using the x480 X6 and up to 300 percent faster using the x880 X6
- The world’s first 8-socket Intel® Xeon® processor-based blade server provides up to two times the capacity of competitive blade servers
- Scalability from 2- to 4- or 8-sockets enables you to add IT resource to your environment as your demands increase
- High-end server resiliency and availability maximize application uptime for critical databases and business applications
- Integrate and optimize compute, storage, and networking resources with simplified management using the no-compromise building blocks of the Lenovo Flex System infrastructure
Scalable & Reliable Solution
Today’s IT organizations must deliver game-changing cloud, big data and analytics capabilities. But they’re also expected to drive innovation with declining budgets. In addition, mission-critical applications are required to do more as businesses increase mobile and cloud deployments. Despite these challenges, IT solutions must be able to scale performance, manage large data and reliably make information available in real-time. The x480 X6 compute node is ideal for mission-critical workloads.
Ideal for Large Virtual Machines & Databases
The Lenovo Flex System x480 X6 is scalable to a 4-socket system optimized for applications that require more processor cores and memory for larger virtual machines and databases.
Simplify Provisioning and Systems Management
Simplify, automate, and modernize Day 1 provisioning and ongoing administrative tasks over the server lifecycle with Lenovo XClarity.
- Tech Specs
Flex System x480 X6 Compute NodeTech Specs
Description Specifications Processor2/4, Intel Xeon E7-4800 v2 Series Processor Level 2 (L2) cache256 KB per core Level 3 (L3) cacheUp to 37.5 MB ChipsetIntel C600 Form factorFlex System 2-socket Compute Node scalable up to 4 sockets (via 2 compute nodes) Memory96 DDR3/DDR3L LP, 6 TB maximum with 64 GB LRDIMM ScalabilityFour processors max Internal flash storageUp to 9.4 TB using eXFlash DIMMs; Plus up to 6.4 TB using 4 hot-swap 2.5-inch SSDs, or up to 12.5 TB using 8 hot-swap 1.8-inch eXFlash SSDs and 8 fixed eXFlash SSDs Internal HDD storageUp to 4.8 TB using 4 hot-swap 2.5-inch hard disk drives Internal RAIDLSI 3004, RAID-0, -1 ServeRAID M1200/M5100 Flex System Flash Kit for X6, optional RAID-5 via FOD Internal USB4 Standard USB Flash Key + 2 Front Access USB Key EthernetVirtual Fabric 4 x 10 GbE LOM per individual compute node Chassis supportFlex System Enterprise Chassis I/O Expansion8 mezzanine PCIe Gen 3 slots Power managementActive Energy Manager Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available ManagementIMM2, next-generation light path diagnostics, Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA), FlexSystem Manager, IBM Systems Director Operating systemsMicrosoft Windows Server, SUSE, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware RAS featuresChassis redundant/hot-plug power and cooling X6 RAS, Upward Integration Modules, front panel and FRU/CRU LEDs
Specifications may vary
Flex System x480 X6 Compute NodeFlex System x480 X6 Compute Node Resources