System x3550 M5
VERSATILE & COMPACT RACK SERVER
- High-performance Intel® Xeon® processors
- Expandable 1U 2-socket rack server
- Energy-efficient TruDDR4 memory
- Flexible storage-based configurations
- Industry-leading security & reliability
- Reduced downtime & minimised costs
System x3550 M5Features
- Optimise your workloads with choice of flexible storage-based configurations, designed for infrastructure basics to business-critical applications
- Reduce unplanned downtime and minimise costs with industry-leading reliability features and tools
- Simplify server management with Lenovo XClarity
- Safeguard enterprise data with built-in Lenovo Trusted Platform Assurance, an exclusive set of security features and practices, plus optional self-encrypting drives and IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager
- Gain superior performance with Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 processors (up to 44 cores per server), 1.5TB TruDDR4 2400MHz Memory, end-to-end 12Gbps RAID support—devices and infrastructure
- Reduce data center costs with smart energy-efficient features, including extended operating temperature, Titanium power supplies (up to 96 percent efficiency), active/standby power supply modes, dual fan zone design, TruDDR4 Memory (with up to 45 percent lower energy use over DDR3), and optional Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager
- Run more virtual machines and workloads with up to 22 percent more cores than the previous generation
Exceptional, Versatile Performance
The versatile 1U two-socket Lenovo System x3550 M5 rack server fuels almost any workload from infrastructure to Big Data with industry-leading reliability. It comes integrated with up to two Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 series (44 cores per system), faster, energy-efficient TruDDR4 Memory, and up to 12 drives of storage. With 22 percent more cores per system than the previous generation and memory speeds up to 2400MHz, the x3550 M5 lets your workloads fly.
Lenovo servers have consistently achieved the highest reliability of all x86 servers, industry-wide. Predictive Failure Analysis and smart diagnostic tools facilitate reduced downtime and costs. Other high-availability features on the x3550 M5 include dual fan zones with redundant fans, as well as hot-swappable drives and power supplies.
Lenovo Trusted Platform Assurance, a built-in set of security features and practices, protects your hardware and firmware. You can also deploy self-encrypting drives using the optional IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager.
- Tech Specs
System x3550 M5Tech Specs
Specifications: System x3550 M5
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Form Factor/Height1U Rack Processor (max)/Cache (max)Up to two Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 series with up to 22-cores each/Up to 55MB per processor Memory (max)Up to 1.5TB – 2400MHz with 64GB TruDDR4 Memory LRDIMMs (RDIMM/LRDIMM) Disk BaysUp to 10 front and two rear 2.5-inch HDDs or SSDs, or up to four 3.5-inch HDDs Maximum Internal StorageUp to 46TB RAID Support12Gbps dedicated RAID slot with support for hardware RAID 0, 1, 10 with optional RAID 5, 50, 6, 60 Power Supply (std/max)1/2 redundant 550W AC, 750W AC, 900W AC, 1500W AC, 900W DC
80 PLUS Platinum and 750W AC 80 PLUS Titanium (model dependent)
Hot-Swap ComponentsPower supplies, fan modules and HDDs/SSDs Network Interface1 x IMM and 4 × 1GbE (std.); optional 10/40GbE ML2 or PCIe adapter; Trusted Platform Module built-in Expansion Slots1 – 3 PCIe 3.0 slots and 1 dedicated RAID slot USB Ports/VGA PortsUp to 3 x USB 2.0 front, 2 x USB 3.0 rear, 1 x USB 2.0 internal/1 front (optional)/ 1 back Energy-Efficiency80 PLUS®, ENERGY STAR® (model dependent); up to 40ºC operating temp; 2 fan zones with up to 8 fans Systems ManagementLenovo XClarity Administrator with mobile option; Lenovo XClarity Pro software bundle; Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager; IMM2.1; one IMM dedicated port and one shared; optional remote presence Operating Systems (OS) SupportedMicrosoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware vSphere - (optional USB Key or SD Media Adapter) Limited Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business day 9x5; upgrades available
Specifications may vary depending upon region.