IBM Storwize V3700
Efficient. Easy to Use. Innovative.
- Intuitive web-based GUI with point-and-click management functionality
- Rapid, flexible provisioning through virtualisation
- Instant application copies for backup or application testing with FlashCopy
IBM Storwize V3700Features
- Easily manage and deploy storage using a breakthrough graphical user interface
- Gain efficiency with internal storage virtualisation and high-performance thin provisioning
- Have continuous access to data with integrated nondisruptive migration
- Benefit from advanced functionality and reliability usually only found in more expensive systems
- Scale up to 240 2.5-inch disk drives or 120 3.5-inch disk drives with nine expansion units
- Provide host attachment through 6 Gbps SAS and 1 Gbps iSCSI ports (standard)
- Help reduce power consumption with energy-saving features
In the era of cloud, big data and analytics, and mobile and social computing, Organisations need to meet ever-changing demands for storage while also improving data economics. IT must deliver more services faster and more efficiently, enable real-time insight and support more customer interaction. The right infrastructure allows clients to share information, secure transactions and drive real-time insights.
The IBM Storwize family, including IBM Storwize V3700 helps Organisations achieve better data economics by supporting these new workloads that are critical to their success. Storwize family systems can handle the massive volumes of data from mobile and social applications, enable rapid and flexible cloud services deployments, and deliver the performance and scalability needed to gain insights from the latest analytics technologies.
IBM Storwize V3700, the entry-level system in the IBM Storwize family, is an efficient, easy-to-use system designed to complement virtual server environments while delivering flexibility and innovative storage functions.
- Tech Specs
IBM Storwize V3700Tech Specs
Description Specifications Host interface1 Gbps iSCSI and 6 Gbps SAS (optional 8 Gbps Fibre Channel, 1 Gbps iSCSI, 6 Gbps SAS or 10 Gbps iSCSI/Fibre Channel over Ethernet) User interfaceStorwize V3700 graphical user interface Single/dual controllerDual controller Cache per controller4 GB upgradable to 8 GB Drive typeDual-port, hot-swappable 6 Gb SAS disk drives Supported drives
- Small form-factor 2.5-inch SAS disk drives:
- 300 GB, 600 GB at 15k rpm
- 600 GB, 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 2 TB at 10k rpm
- 1 TB and 2 TB at 7.2k rpm Nearline SAS
- Large form-factor 3.5-inch SAS disk drives:
- 2 TB, 3 TB, 4 TB, 6 TB, 8 TB at 7.2k rpm
- 900 GB, 1.2 TB, 1.8 TB at 10k rpm
- 300 GB, 600 GB at 15k rpm
- Solid-state drives (SSD) drives:
- 200 GB, 400 GB, 800 GB, and 1.6 TB
Maximum drives supported240 drives per system RAID levelsRAID 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10 Supports Distributed RAID 5 and 6 (requires 8 GB/node cache) Fans and power suppliesFully redundant, hot-swappable Rack supportStandard 19-inch rack-mount enclosure Management softwareIBM Spectrum Virtualize™ 7.6 Software Advanced functions included with each systemInternal virtualisation , thin provisioning, one-way data migration and FlashCopy (up to 64 targets) Optional licenced functionsFlashCopy upgrade (up to 2,040 targets), Easy Tier, Remote Mirror and turbo performance Warranty Options
- Flexible warranty
- Post-warranty support available
- Customer setup (initial installation and field upgrades)
- Initial license purchase
- Software maintenance agreement available
ISV solutionsFor a list of high-quality solutions with our partner ISVs, including access to solution briefs and white papers, refer to the ISV Solutions Resource Library.
Specifications may vary based on region.