Flex System Interconnect Fabric
ACCELERATED DEPLOYMENT WITH OPTIMUM EFFICIENCY
- Greater efficiency and automation in network environments
- Configure once. Then add additional chassis or racks as the POD grows
- Save time with one simple managable element
Flex System Interconnect FabricFeatures
- Management Simplicity—Integrated system fabric managed by the primary device
- Component Optimization—95 percent reduction in the number of networking devices required to manage a nine-chassis, three-rack configuration
- High Availability—Zero downtime; no maintenance window required for software upgrades
- Simple Configuration—Configure fabric once, quickly add additional chassis’ to the point of delivery (POD)
- “Pay-as-you-grow” Scalability—Ability to grow the POD supporting up to 126 compute nodes
Data centers are changing as the demands for data, storage and network connectivity grow. This growth is driven by cloud deployments, media applications, mobile connections, storage growth, and greater network bandwidth demands. These new data centers need the ability to increase bandwidth and bring up new services quickly to meet the demands of their clients without the complexity associated with traditional network architectures.
Lenovo Flex System Interconnect Fabric is designed to meet client needs by providing a simple Ethernet fabric cluster that accelerates deployment, simplifies management, supports dynamic scalability, and increases reliability, availability and security in medium-to-large POD deployments.
- Tech Specs
Flex System Interconnect FabricTech Specs
Description Specifications Network ArchitectureTransparent Layer 2 fabric; end-host connectivity loop free and spanning tree-free design ManagementSingle point of management by primary top-of-rack Lenovo Rackswitch G8264CS AvailabilityZero downtime; no maintenance window required for software upgrades ResiliencySub 400 microsecond Layer 2 failover Converged FabricMulti-Hop Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and FC uplink from point of delivery ScalabilityUp to nine Lenovo Flex System chassis, 126 compute nodes and 20 network devices (two G8264CS top-of-rack switches and 18 SI4093 switches) VirtualizationVMready®, UFP support Multi-Tenant SupportVLAN isolation, Q-in-Q Traffic OptimizationLocal preference for unicast traffic
Specifications may vary depending upon region.